Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Coheed and Cambria-The Aftermath: Ascension


Today we have a guest post for you, courtesy of our friend and fellow blogger, Marin Sabin.  Visit his blog at www.metalmusikmayhem.blogspot.com and find some great metal music.

Hello all,
Today’s album review is the latest effort by Coheed & Cambria titled The Aftermath: Ascension which was released on October 9, 2012. In case you are not aware on this wonderful band, here is some background from a previous blog I wrote on the band

            Coheed and Cambria is an American band from Nyack, New York that formed in 1995. They are truly one of the great contemporary bands that consistently release great music. One problem: Coheed and Cambria doesn't quite fit into any one genre, they could be included in heavy metal, progressive rock, post rock, and alternative rock. Their sound is like if Rush met Pink Floyd, and then mated with Iron Maiden. The driving forces behind the band are lead singer and guitarist Claudio Sanchez and lead guitarist Travis Stever. All of their albums are concepts based on an original tale called The Armory Wars with each album progressing the story further. Their album, Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness is one of the best albums that I have ever heard.

Their latest album follows the story line of the Armory Wars, and is their best album since Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness. This latest release may be in the running for best album of the year. From the beginning to end, there isn’t a more complete album with the highlight of the album being “The Key Entity Extraction, I-IV” and “Mothers of Men.”

I would highly recommend that everybody go out and purchase this album. You will not be disappointed.

Here are a few of the tracks that I enjoy from the album.

First, "Key Entity Extraction II: Holly Wood the Cracked" 



Second, “ Key Entity Extraction III: Vic the Butcher”



Finally, “Mothers of Men”



I hope that you have enjoyed my guest spot,

Thanks,
Marty Sabin

1 comment:

  1. I hope that everyone enjoys Coheed & Cambria as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete