Thursday, October 25, 2012

Good Charlotte and Garbage

Hello everyone.  Today the plan is to blog two bands that start with the letter G.  As I was looking through my music I found that I had many male artists to choose from and not very many females.  I ended up choosing Garbage and Good Charlotte.  These are two great bands who were really mainstream in the late 90's and are not heard very much on the radio today which is a shame since both bands are incredibly talented.  Lets start with Good Charlotte.

Good Charlotte is an American pop/punk band out of Maryland.  They started singing in 1996 and have released 5 studio albums with talk of a 6th on in the future.  This band attributes its sound to bands like sum 41 and blink 182 so if you like those bands you will love Good Charlotte.  The first song I choose to write about is Emotionless off the off the Young and The Hopeless album.  This song was written by Benji and Joel Madden.  These two are brothers and wrote every single song on this album.  This is one of their slower songs off this album.  It's a very emotional song talking about the boys relationship with their father.  As you listen to this song you can really feel how the abandonment from their father left them with many scars.  The lyrics to this song are powerful and heartfelt. I think the use of the acoustic guitar makes this song real and believable.  It really make you think about the relationship you have with your own father.  Check it out below.



The second song I chose is a lot more upbeat and fun.  I really like the Dance Hall Album ( I don't Wanna Be In Love).  This song is found on the Good Morning Revival album.  This song is really upbeat and has great rhythm.  As soon as the song starts with the guitar and the drums you are totally ready to jam along with them.  This song has intense dance vibes.  This song is about how to get over past relationships and if it is worth it to move on.  Please listen to it and let me know what you think.



The lucky female band that I chose a couple of song from is Garbage.  Garbage is an American alternative band with lead vocals by Scottish singer Shirley Manson.  This group found instant stardom with their debut album Garbage.  Unfortunately they were never able to live up to the fame from their first album.  They went on hiatus a few times over the years and have reunited in 2010 to record a new album.  It was released on YouTube and made the UK billboard top one hundred chart at number 13.  The first song I would like to share with you is off their debut album entitled I'm Only Happy When It Rains.  This song is takes me back to high school when everyone was into the grunge thing.  I think that this song kind of makes fun of that.  I like how it is kind of grungy sounding though but her vocals are crystal clear.  I like that this song is upbeat and I love the additional emotion that the guitar adds.  Take a trip back to the 90's by listening to this track below.



The second song I want to share with you is I Think I'm Paranoid off the album Version 2.0.  I have a confession to make, the first time that I heard this song was while playing some version of rock band.  But I really enjoyed playing this song on their and it ended up being one of my favorites.  Why??  It's really fun to sing.  This song has a great chorus and the bass and the guitar are chords are great too.  I think that this song is fun and saucy.  I think that there is a lot of attitude that comes across in this song.  I hope that you enjoyed today's pics and thanks for reading-Kristy


No comments:

Post a Comment