Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hinder and Heart

So Today's letter is the letter H.  This was actually really hard to find artists that start with the letter H especially females. I was overjoyed while looking through my music that I found Heart.  My other choice was Hillary Duff and not that I don't like it, she wouldn't be on my ipod if I didn't it's just not one of my favorites and this post is about my two favorite artists that start with this letter. 

Heart has been around for a long time.  They started singing in 1973.  They are considered to be one of the few female rock bands.  I enjoy Heart's music.  Even though it's been more than thirty years since they started singing Heart still holds onto it's two lead females.  Ann Wilson is still lead singer and Nancy Wilson continues to rock on the guitar.  Heart released a new album in 2010.  It's pretty good.  This band still rocks.  The first song that I would like to share with you is my all time favorite Heart song entitled Stranded.  This song first appeared on their album Brigade.  In 1990 this song reached number 13 on the billboard chart.  Not to bad for a band that at that time had already been singing for almost 20 years.  This song starts out with quiet guitar and slowly picks up the pace adding the drums and more guitar.  I love Ann's voice; it's so crystal clear.  I also enjoy the lyrics to this song.  I believe what she is singing about.  I don't want her boyfriend to leave her.  Listening to this song takes me back to elementary school and I think that it is just as good listening to it today as I did back then.



My second choice is a song off their newest album entitled Red Velvet.   Closer To The Sun is number 13 off this album.  I must warn you that I am a fan of the older stuff from heart like the stuff that came out in the late 80's and early 90's.  I think that is why this song is so appealing to me.  Other songs off this album rock and if you are into the Heart that was rocking with songs like Barracuda and Crazy On You, you won't be disappointed.  You should give this new album a listen.  The song Closer To The Sun starts out with just some acoustic guitar and the beauty of Ann's voice.  As you continue to listen the drums come in with some tambourine and drums.  I think the chorus of this song is catchy and it's just nice to have some new music by heart to listen to.  I hope you enjoy it. 

 

Hinder is a relatively new rock band that has come out in the last 10 or so years.  They started singing in 2001 and found success with their second single off the Extreme Behavior album Lips Of An Angel which came out in 2005. I have been a fan ever since. First of all I like Austin Winkler's voice.  The first song that I chose is I Got A Thing For You off their Take It To The Limit album.  What I like about this song is it is a naughty little ballad and it still rocks.  I love the drums and the guitar, I think that they make this song addictive and then you add the lyrics and this song is amazing.  Give it a listen below



The second song that I chose from Hinder is What Ya Gonna Do off their All American Nightmare Album.  What I like about this song is the rock element.  I really enjoy the electric guitar in this song.  I also like the lyrics to this song.  I love that someone is actually acknowledging that booze won't solve all your problems.  This song just has great vibes and an amazing guitar solo in the middle.  I really enjoy Hinder's music and I look forward to more rock and metal music from them in the future.  Thank you so much for reading-Kristy


1 comment:

  1. Heart just released a new album last month titled Fanatic. It's pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete