Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Les Miserables Soundtrack

The poster shows a young girl in the background of a dark night. Text above reveals the cast listing and text below reveals the film's title.
Greetings my friends.  So many of you know that my husband and I post on this blog.  We can have very different tastes in music sometimes and this is a good thing because it gives you the reader more music to listen to and bands to read about.  Today I have chosen to share the music from the new installment of Les Miserables.  I took my husband on a date to see this new movie on Saturday and have had the music imprinted on my brain for days now. 

First thing you should know is that I love musicals.  I saw Phantom Of The Opera like 5 times in the theater and bought the soundtrack the second we were able to.  I really enjoy the Broadway soundtrack and knew that I had to see this new film.  Not to mention the star power behind the singing.  One thing you should know about this movie is that all of the singing is live and recorded during each scene.  None of the music you will hear is prerecorded.  That is and of itself is amazing.  You can feel the emotion behind the song and you can definately see it on screen.  The soundtrack features such actors as Hugh Jackman playing Jean Valjean, Russel Crowe is Javert, Ann Hathaway is Fantine, Amanday Seyfried plays Cosette, plus you hear Sasha Baren Cohen, Helana Bonham Carter, and many more.  In my opinion they do an amazing job.

Les Miserables is a famous play adapted from the book written by Victor Hugo.  The book has been adeapted at least 5 times with the most famous being the 1980's musical complosed by Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg.  This is the music that the cast sticks with this new film.  The songs are very familiar and yet you get to hear them as if for the first time.  You can purchase the entire 1980 version in stores or on Amazon.  Unfortunately the new film soundtrack has selected tracks and so you do miss out a little on some of your favorites, but what is featured on the album is well your time and your money.  It is available at most retailers and on I-Tunes. Below is a track from the new film soundtrack, it features almost the entire cast singing One More Day.  Enjoy


  If you like what you have heard I encourage you to go out and experience this for yourself.  The music in this movie is incredibly moving and the actors do a great job singing. -Kristy
P.S.  I have also included a brief album preview.  It lets you sample some of the music on this soundtrack.


No comments:

Post a Comment